Call for applications : Organization of an event: "youth and social entrepreneurship"
As part of the Safir project, co-financed by the European Union, the Institut français launches a call for applications to select and financially support (up to a maximum of 80,000 euros) one organization in the design, definition, planning and organization of an event around social entrepreneurship, based in one of the 7 countries of implementation of the Safir project: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon.
Applicant organizations submit an original event proposal that contributes to networking and promoting the social entrepreneurs who are beneficiaries of the Safir project, as well as the organizations that support them (notably incubators and partner universities). Applicants may submit a project proposal designed around an existing event and adapted to meet the requirements of this call .
The selected organization must implement the event project for a period of 12 months (November 2022 to November 2023). It will work autonomously and in close coordination with the Institut français, the Safir consortium’s other partners and the beneficiaries participating in the event.
- August 11, 2022: Online call for applications on the Safir website's candidate area
- October 2nd, 2022: Deadline for submission of applications
- October : Evaluation of the applications received
- End of October: Announcement of the results and contractualization
Prerequisites to apply
The applicant organization must respect all the prerequisites set by the Safir project:
- Legal existence (at least one year of legal existence at the date of the application)
- The organization must be established in one of the 7 countries of implementation of the Safir project.
- Grant management capacity: the grant (80,000 euros maximum) may not represent more than 70% of the total budget of the structure for the years 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Economic model: the structure's financial plan shows sufficient sources of funding - in addition to the Safir grant - to devote itself to the activities to be implemented within the framework of the Safir project
- Experience in the field of this call
- Languages: mastery of the languages of the Safir project: Arabic, English and French (applications must be submitted in French or English)
- Applicants must not be registered on the European Union's restrictive measures lists
- The grant awarded under this call will be implemented over the period from November 1st 2022 to November 30, 2023 at the latest. The project supported by Safir must last a minimum of 12 months.
- Applicant organizations must provide co-financing representing at least 10% of the total project budget (the grant awarded may cover up to 90% of the total project budget).
- The structure will have to hire an external auditor for the verification of the expenses (with a final audit whose cost must be integrated into the provisional budget of the project).
- The applicant organization may be for-profit but must not generate profits from the project funded by Safir. Profits generated by the organization from the project must be reinvested in it. This rule will apply for the duration of the Safir funding, which will be contractually defined by the grant agreement.
Please note that the applicant structure may propose a new event, dedicated to this call for applications, or propose to merge this activity with an existing event. In the latter case, it must ensure that it has a program dedicated to the project presented in the framework of this call for applications and that it is identifiable, allowing the Safir project, co-financed by the European Union, to be promoted.
Documents to be downloaded in order to apply
For more information on the nature of the event to organize, the goals to reach and the selection criteria, please download and read the Terms of Reference of this call for applications, available here.
- the technical template to fill in is available here
- the budget template to fill in is available here
- and the information form to fill in is available here.
Applicants are invited to send the following documents to email@example.com before October 2nd , 2022, 11.59 pm CET.